Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Template



Today I started making my template from my blueprint. The template is made from a very thick piece of plexiglass.

I centered the neck with the midline of the bass body from the blueprint. To be sure the bridge and pickips will also be centered, I made a midline mark on the template to use to line up my pickups and bridge.

I've cut out the portion for the control and batteries compartment routes. I still need to cut out the bridge pickup and the bridge routes. I have to wait till I get those pieces in to be sure it will be accurate. Plus an additional route will be needed on the back of the body for the tremolo.

I will cut out a separate template for my pickguard and I'll use that template to route the neck pickup to be sure it will line up on the finished product.

The body blank finally arrived.

No comments: