Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Most Excellent Day!


After a great night on call, I got a lot accomplished on my day off.

In Dr Frank'n'bass lab, I did a complete swap of electronics between the fretless and Big Red.

The problems with the fretless improved when I grounded the bridge but the volume between the piezo and magnetic pickups was still a problem. I thought this might be the case; so that is the reason I bought an active set for the red bass. I thought I might have to swap them out.

I did have to drill more holes in the fretless. It looks alright but I was going for that minimalist look with the stacked controls.

The fretless works great but the piezo is still hotter than the other pickups. I think there is an adjustment on the preamp; I just have to research it. The piezo works, but not as well as I would like. The E string's volume is weaker than the others at times. I might disconnect the piezo and buy an tone circuit from EMG to fill in the extra holes.

The red bass now has the passive pickups. I was able to use the strat type knobs that I originally bought for it. It gives it that 70's retro look. I had to order an mini controller for the tone control, the one I have for it is too big for the space. The EMG controls were smaller than the ones I ordered from stewmac.com.

My new amp came today. It's AWESOME!

The strat bass gets a paint job tonight.

No comments: