Monday, April 21, 2008

SCORE!

Drove by my uncle's cabinet shop and he was there! I got to use the bandsaw to cut out my guitar today. I also use the drill press to drill out the holes to mount the bride and used the sander to get most of the edges sanded.

Here it is after routing the edges and sanding.

Here is a front view with the arm bevel completed.

Here is a side view of the arm bevel and the belly bevel.

Here is everything in place.

I still have to make the final pickguard. I have to make it a little larger to cover the control route. I have to make it larger so the tone control would fit. So even if I didn't screwed up on the pickguard, I would have to make it over again.

Ready for primer.

1 comment:

nick said...

that came out really nice. are you using the clear acrylic to build a bass as well, or is it just a mockup while you build everything out in wood and metal?