Sunday, April 6, 2008

Site for Strat Bass Builder

After search through the talkbass forum again, I found the link to the manufacturer that makes the short scaled bass that looks like a stratocaster

Landing Bass Three Single Coil

Landing Bass Dual Humbucker

This builder is using EMG pickups and electronics. The humbucker model has the option for the same pickups that I bought. I guess I was on track in my choices.

Well here are their prices. Ouch! I don't feel as bad for trying to pick up some higher price items for my build.

I think I like my fusion design better than the "true" stratocaster body. It doesn't seem as crowded, and I believe it will work better proportionally with the standard 34 inch scale. Pluse the Fender clone neck lends it to look more like a strat.

I'm sure my bass won't have as nice of a finish as these guitars, but they don't have a tremolo!

No comments: