Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Electrical Problems Continue



Here's the finished project. It plays nice but I still have problems with the electronics.

EMG responded quickly and had me a part in the mail. Received it Friday and put it in that night. The problems continue. I decided to just put it together and leave it alone till I can discuss it with EMG. I've taking it apart and checked things out and put it back together so many times and the results are the same. I think the next step is to wire it with a master volume and blend pot. My American Deluxe Jazz bass is wired this way. You have to wonder why Fender left it's standard wiring for the active electronics in this bass.

I'll have to put in two mini switches to switch between single and dual coil pickups.

Anyway, I did one last troubleshooting session and documented it in another blog. I wanted to substantiate my process for EMG and it was way too much information to send in a email. The address / link as follows:

http://installing-emg35tw.blogspot.com/

No comments: